Complete the second sentence using the words in brackets + to …
3. Emily passed the exam. All the other students failed. (the only) Emily was *** the exam.
the only student to pass
- 1. Nobody spoke before me. (the first) I was the first person to speak.
- 2. Everybody else arrived before Paul. (the last) Paul was the last person to arrive. (person)
- 3. Emily passed the exam. All the other students failed. (the only) Emily was the only student to pass the exam.
- 4. I complained to the restaurant manager about the service. Another customer had already complained. (the second) I was the second person to complain about the service. (person)
- 5. Neil Armstrong walked on the moon in 1969. Nobody had done this before him. (the first) Neil Armstrong was the first man to walk on the moon. (man)