Look at the pictures and complete the sentences. Use three words each time, including a verb from Section A.
1) A man *** me in the street and asked the way to the station.
came up to
1) A man came up to me in the street and asked the way to the station.
2) Sue went up to the front door of the house and rang the doorbell. (*walked up to* is also possible. Don’t use it now!)
3) Tom was a long way behind the other runners, but managed to catch up with them.
4) Tanya was running too fast for Paul. He couldn’t keep up with her.