For each picture, complete the sentences using a verb + up or down. In most sentences you will need other words as well.
There used to be a tree next to the house, but we ***.
cut it down
1) There used to be a tree next to the house, but we cut it down.
2) There used to be some shelves on the wall, but I took them down.
3) The ceiling was so low, he couldn’t stand up straight.
4) She couldn’t hear the radio very well, so she turned it up.
5) While they were waiting for the bus, they put their bags down on the ground.
6) A few trees were blown down in the storm last week. (*fell down* is also possible but don’t use it)
7) We’ve got some new curtains, but we haven’t put them up yet.
8) Lisa dropped her keys, so she bent down and picked them up. (and)